Saturday, February 5, 2011

Good Things to Come.....

This week I was listening to a few of the "Mormon Messages" on LDS.org, if you don't know what Mormon Messages are, they are quick little 3-5 min videos on different gospel topics, they are amazing, and I highly recommend trying to listen to them. They are on the home page of LDS.org under quick links, down on the bottom left. One especially touched me, it was called Good Things to Come, it was a little part taken out of one of Jeffrey R. Hollands conference talks, it was on knowing that things will get better when we are going through hard times, which was perfect for me, at the end he said this...........
"Don't you quit, you keep walking, you keep trying, there is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come 'til heaven, but for those who embrace the gospel Jesus Christ they come. It will be alright in the end, trust god, and believe in good things to come."
As I listened, tears streamed down my face,he had such conviction in his voice, I can't believe how much this touched me, it just gave me so much hope to know "yea things are really crappy now but they can and will get better". Jared is still sick and it's been going on for so long, we both have discouraging days,and definitely have days where i feel like giving up, so this was exactly what I needed to hear. I'm a nerd and typed this quote up, printed it out, and put it up on bathroom mirror so I can read it everyday.
These little Mormon Messages have been so neat to listen to, I just thought I would share this with others so you too can be enlightened, and I am so thankful for Cheryl Johnson(my R.S. pres.) who shared it with me.

No comments: