Saturday, November 12, 2011

gratitude day 12

Today as a family we participated in the "Race 4 Rob", it was a charity run for Rob Hale who recently suffered a stroke. He is from Vegas but currently lives in Texas, all of the $ raised today is going directly to his family, he is only 30 and has 2 little kids, it is such a sad story, he is doing much better now than 2 months ago, but he still has a long road ahead. His sweet wife blogs everyday about their life, it is a very inspiring blog and she has an amazing attitude - www.helpingthehales.blogspot.com.
So today before the race they announced that they had already raised over $12,000, isn't that awesome?! There was a 5k or a 1 mile walk/run/ride, so we did the 1 mile with our kids, they rode their scooters. It was was so neat to be there with my family, my parents and my cousins were there too. Cherie's husband Stephen was working the drink and snack booth, he is good friends with the Hale family. During the race channel 8 news was there, when we ran past the camera Krew got up in it and said "YEA I'm gonna be famous, I'm gonna be on TV!" The camera guy loved it. Krew is so funny, just like his dad.
It was so fun to being there today, you really could feel the spirit. I was so thankful to be apart of this and that my kids got to experience this as well, it was just so neat to see so many people come together for a special cause. It really was amazing, and a day that I will never forget.

The only shirts left were really small or really big, Krew looks so funny but he really wanted a shirt, their #s cover it up, but it says "race 4 rob". My kids pray for the Hale family every night so they were excited to be apart of this.
Jared was making fun of Carol, thats why he is posing like that.

They had this banner to sign and then they are sending it to Rob and his family, my kids couldn't wait to sign it.


No comments: