Wednesday, November 16, 2011

gratitude day 16

Today was a no brainer I didn't even have to sit and think for 1 second what to be thankful for, I am SO thankful to have my cast off! That thing was driving me crazy! I now can shower a lot easier, do my hair and make-up better, wash dishes, drive safer, sweep, mop, work, and sleep more comfortably! I can't believe how nice it is to have 2 working hands, I still have stitches so it is wrapped up, but I am allowed to take it off to get it wet then dry it of right away. It is really sore especially when I move my wrist, but I am so glad to be free of that cast!


The purple is from the sharpie he drew on me to mark where to cut. He said the tumor was
totally stuck and grown onto my main artery, so he had to carefully cut it away from that and
then it popped right out in one big chunk, he actually said it looked like an egg, which sounds
so gross, so sorry for that. it is in a zig zag because if it was a straight line the incision would
not be able to stretch when I would bend my wrist, so this way the skin has more stretch to it.

2 comments:

alipyper said...

So glad your cast is off and your wrist is on the mend. What a crazy thing having a tumor on your wrist!! I've loved reading your gratitude posts. We sure miss you guys!
Allison

Kelsie & Reilly said...

I just read all your blogs!! This is soooooooo crazy I can't believe it! I am so happy your ok and working again!!!